Monday, March 9, 2009

Good bye my fuzzy friend


I suppose this is my break up letter with my beard. And Beard, it's not you, it's me. It's been fun, you kept me warm, especially at Snow Shoe last week when it was 1 degree F and 30 mile per hour winds. That F of course stands for fugginheight. My cheeks were cold, but you, my beard, kept the rest of my face reasonably comfortable, and then used my breath and the snow that was falling to create nifty ice fangs. Long had I wished to be "that guy" on the slopes at least just once. YOU made that dream a reality. Young guys who were really good riders just came up and asked me how the western territory runs were holding up. They came to me because, I was the guy. Beard you lent me credence and approachability. At the Acoustic Syndicate show you got me blended right in. These nice married girls who were very attractive approached me for protection from sketchy drunk guys because they saw strength and kindness in you oh beard. I have grown comfortable with you Senoir Barba. You don't really itch anymore, I am not getting nearly as much food in you as I once speculated.

I know you must be hurt, confused, and betrayed by this, but it is just a change of seasons, and well, they got this depression on....

If it is any consolation, I'll always remember you, but I don't think I can have you in my life to this extent any more. If I ever get trapped on an island, well of course you can come back, I'll need you for companionship then. Yes, I know that many of our friends are saying that they like us together and that I shouldn't break up with you... But, ultimately the decision is mine. I'm sorry beard, I'm sorry.
Sarah recently made mention of Boyz II Men in her blog. So this one's going out to you beard, my beard. Te amo Siempre. By the way, the guy with the cane cracks me the hell up.

No comments: