Wednesday, December 3, 2008

Call me Hansel

With what I assume is my last soccer match of the season behind me I can finally stop and heal. The back half of 2008 was great fun. The only bad thing about it was the persistent injury. The core muscles just kept giving out. Train a bit, fall apart, stop. The last two months saw one effort a week. Show up on Sunday and gut it out for 90 minutes on the pitch. By the end of the season I felt slow, fat, weak and clumsy from the lack of practice. I have figured out that it will take a full month of inactivity in terms of running and soccer to heal this thing up. And even then I will have to come back smart to make it work. I hate injury. I will be really careful about how I come back around to proper shape... Maybe start biking a few weeks from now. Till then I am just going to sit around and get fat. And that is fun really. It's just part of the plan. HOPEFULLY, in 3 months time I will be rocking alongside Stewart Moran and some of those guys on their easy runs as I whip myself back into form. In 4 months, maybe some track workouts as well. I want to do it all. And If I am smart about it, and a little lucky, I think I can.
Till then... In the words of Fat Albert. "Hey hey hey!"

No comments: