Wednesday, December 31, 2008

Happy ending.

No, it's not that kind of happy ending. I went to see Donna the Buffalo at the Orange Peel I had first planned on drinking up to midnight and cutting it off. As it just happened, they had Cold Mountain Winter Ale from Highland Brewing Company on tap. This is my favorite beer of all time. And if I am not going to drink for an entire year... that should be the way it ends, not at the hands of a double shot of vodka. My best Buddy Dan insisted that he pay for it. I toasted with some of my Brothers from the Jack of the Wood Futball Club, I savored the taste, and drank it slow. I also enjoyed having my wits all about me for the evening. I think I can make this sober thing work to my advantage even when I am out. There is a difference between acting drunk and being drunk. It's really something. Well, one night down many to go. But no hang over for this little boy in the morning. Definitely happy about that. In other news, right before last call Dan, Clay and myself were definitely hit on by strippers. They had to be strippers, I'd put money on it... um, so to speak.
Finally, one note on how the universe speaks to you. Donna The Buffalo opened with a song called Movin' On. Of all the songs they have, they open with that. Movin' on... it's what I am doing. I have gotten past some negative feelings associated with the past, I am really focused for 2009 and I will become a better version of myself. The Song has a few lines in it "but drinking don't seem to work like it used to, and a freshness is what we need." It does not seem to work like it used to for me... I think I am going to get my head out of this fog I have created for myself and see what is out there.
http://www.uulyrics.com/music/donna-the-buffalo/song-movin-on/

No comments: