Thursday, July 30, 2009

When you are indifferent

Well, I am in a really laid back state of mind these days. I started to get into a relationship, and then I just kinda lolly gagged around and that ran her off. I just wanted to hang out and enjoy some womanly company, I wasn't trying to really make the relationship go anywhere yet, just let it breath. Meanwhile I think she was holding her breath. People are strange. All of us. I am, she is, everything is. I suppose when I stumble across somebody that I can't stand to not be around I suppose I'll put effort into it. I have done it before, I'll do it again. Some day. It's just not happening now. This last little thing was an exercise in indifference. Id like to think that if I do meet some one that I can't resist that I'll be able to summon up enough of what I just did to keep everyone in the right spot in terms of interest and power. A relationship is sustained in that way, both people staying interested, the give and take of control. And then people giving each other what they need, but not always. That is the fascinating thing about human nature.

No comments: