Wednesday, May 7, 2008

Have I mentioned that I have re-fallen in love with football?

It is just so

very odd that I went 10 years without playing soccer. Why? I was good at it, why would I just up and quit? It is a physical and mental challenge. It's full of do or die moments... unlike running or triathlon where you just plod forward and cover ground. You don't trick anybody in a 5k. Not really... there are a few times where you can put in surges, or choose to sit behind someone and let them work... but it's not the same as nutmegging someone, or playing a perfect through ball while you are looking the other way to sell it to the defense. And then there is scoring a goal... it's like a giant finish line popped up all of a sudden in front of you. Completely unscripted! You rarely know that you are going to score even 5 seconds before you actually do. And who doesn't love surprises like that. Happy to be back on the pitch.

No comments: