Wednesday, May 7, 2008

The more you know the less you do.

A few nights ago, Clayton (my soccer buddy) and I were trying to analyze this bizarre text I got from a woman who in a rather long winded way told me she wasn't interested in dating me. And that is fine, except I never asked her out and didn't even have a game plan to speak of for such a thing. After a few rather pointless hypotheses, we just came to the conclusion that if we knew what women do and why they do it, we could become exorbitantly rich by selling this knowledge to other men. We also concluded that each subsequent woman we interact with only seems to muddy the waters of understanding the "fairer sex". When one takes a hard look at a new piece of data relating to a woman, they see that not only is it new, and totally different, but also totally incongruous with previous data. There is but one pattern that seems to hold. Stop paying a woman attention and you can easily get her interested in you. Sure it's a temporary effect but it is highly effective in the short term. I think quite a few men understand the "devil may care" approach to getting somewhere with a woman. But once we have made that first step... it's nearly impossible to predict what a woman may do next.
Below is a great link to a stroll down memory lane... I think a lot of folks forget just how good the muppets were at times.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1vvV9LjBsNw&feature=related

No comments: