Tuesday, May 27, 2008

Something clicked

I can't tell you what happened, when it happened precisely, or even Why it happened. I guess I was just growing tired of not feeling the true joy of running. I have a million reasons pounding against the wall of my brain saying run Run RUN! But I just wouldn't do it. This morning, I DID. a pleasant hour long trot through biltmore forest... It didn't really hurt, it was still coolish but warm enough to get a good sweat going. The Locusts are out en Masse back there right now. Their dull roar seemed to cheer me on. I know enough about running to know that tomorrow, that one hour run won't feel quite as good. And then on Thursday I very well might consider breaking it into 2 30 minute runs. But the point is... They will happen. I am NOT going to NOT run for a great long time now. I need it for me. Soccer has kept me in Good enough fitness to not make this re-entry to running miserable. It HAS been in the past. So, for the next few weeks, before the outdoor 8V8 season fires up, I will slim down, speed up and get sharp both physically and mentally. I look forward to it. On the way back from Biltmore Forest there is a long store front with glass all down the face of it. Back in 2006 when I was running 60-90 miles a week I'd check my form and make sure I was doing ok... Today I glanced in the glass and did in fact see decent form (for me anyways) but who was doing it was this guy with a big old ghetto booty and some beefy arse thighs and bit of a belly on him. I totally giggled at myself. I could see that sleek rail thin runner peek out from behind the 18 pounds of fat that are needlessly on me right now and point and laugh a bit... Fair enough, fair enough. The beer and late night snacks were worth it in my opinion. At any rate, I'll be tracking this things progress over on the side bar.

No comments: